Northern White Sand
Job Title: Quality Control Manager
Location: Utica, IL
The Quality Control Department Manager is responsible for leading the Quality Control program in a facility that includes wet processing equipment for raw sand, dry processing equipment for processed sand and storage and conveyance equipment for dry sand products. Oversees the testing of all materials to ensure that quality targets are met for all finished product shipped to customers. Assists Production Department in meeting GNS targets for quality goals on processed materials. Establishes testing procedures and protocols for quality control. Provides training to employees who sample, test and document materials that are mined, processed or shipped. Develops a program to evaluate employee compliance and adherence to quality control policies and procedures. Focuses on creating a safety culture that utilizes safe work practices. Complies with all company policies and procedures as well as government-mandated regulations.
Reports to: Operations Manager
Qualifications Required for the Position
Other Duties and/or Reallocation of time may be assigned by Leader as needed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities -
* Leader of all quality control programs and initiatives within the plant.
* Develops policies and procedures for the testing of materials throughout the process.
* Creates a safe work environment and promotes teamwork with good communication.
* Provides training necessary to develop employees in quality testing procedures.
* Emphasizes compliance with all company policies, procedures and practices.
* Oversees the initiation of repair work orders for lab equipment and follows through on repair activities.
* Responsible for monitoring QC equipment condition and creating procedures to comply with manufacturer recommended maintenance schedules and procedures.
* Collaborates with Production Leads to monitor performance of employees conducting quality testing and sampling. Initiates improvement guidance and training when needed.
* Leads effort for continuous improvement through implementation of up-to-date industry standards.
* Orders operating parts and supplies necessary for the Quality Control Programs to assist in the optimization of plant equipment performance while focusing on reducing or eliminating downtime.
* Leads effort to create safe work procedures, policies and practices in the Quality Control Lab.
* Participates in hiring process for new quality team members as required.
* Coaches and mentors quality control team members. Contributes feedback in performance evaluation.
Desired Knowledge and Training
* Associate Degree or Trade School Certificate a plus.
* 3 to 5 years of mining or processing plant experience.
* Prior experience in a lead or supervisory position.
* Computer usage of Microsoft Office products, the ability to learn the use of a program designed to operate plant systems and track rail car logistics.
* Proficiency in the use of plant automation systems and troubleshooting related problems.
* Must pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
* Must be able to climb stairs, ladders, lift 50 pounds, operate hand tools and work out of man lift.
* Must be able to utilize respiratory equipment (medical clearance testing may be required).
* Effective verbal and written communication skills with all levels of the organization.
* Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
* Complete forms, enter numerical data and create schedules with a high level of accuracy.
* Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to formulate corrective actions quickly.
* Broad knowledge of safe operating practices and procedures for processing equipment.
* Strong mathematical skills and the ability to digest information quickly and precisely.
Personal Traits and Attributes
* Must be able to read and interpret documents, manuals and diagrams.
* Promotes a team-based philosophy that aligns with company policies and objectives while incorporating continuous improvement methods and practices.
* Leads the effort to follow all company and regulatory policies and procedures.
* Acts as a role model for the team and represents the company in a positive manner.
* Reliability, honesty, dependability and a positive attitude are essential traits.
* Highly motivated and capable of demonstrating professionalism at all times.
* Promotes a team environment as a leader of a group and as a member of the team.
* Sets a positive example and utilizes effective problem solving skills while motivating others to do the same.
* Values contributions of all employees while demonstrating respect for everyone
* Shows support of others when their suggestions are the best solution.
* Demonstrate the ability to work with management staff as well as hourly employees Safety, Environmental and Regulatory Compliance
* Promotes compliance and initiates corrective actions as needed to maintain compliance.
* Leads efforts to enhance employee awareness through individual instruction or team -oriented activities such as weekly or daily safety meetings.
* Acts as a role model for others and is not afraid to inform employees of issues with non-compliance (regardless of the position in the company or outside organizations).
Competitive Wages, Benefits Package Include: Medical / dental insurance, paid vacation, Holidays and retirement plan.
Northern White Sand is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please mail your resumes to the address below - applications are not being accepted at the Main Office
Northern White Sand
P.O. Box 247
Utica, Illinois 61373