Northern White Sand, a producer of Industrial Sand
located in Utica, Illinois has openings for:
This position is responsible for overseeing all trucking, transloading and railcar shipments to meet customer needs. This position is also responsible to communicate sales needs to plant production to ensure orders needs are meet. They will also act as a liaison between trucking companies, railroads and Dallas Customer Service and Logistics teams. Position will be responsible for tracking the railcar fleet on several different railroads, supervising all employees at the Peru location, and coordinating all outside service providers used to maintain internal tracks, locomotive and railcar maintenance. Responsibilities also include preparing performance evaluations of direct reports, providing counseling on methods of improving performance and disciplining employees when necessary, enforcing company systems, policies and procedures. This position reports to the Utica Plant Manager, and takes direction from the NWS Director of Logistics.
Qualifications Required for the Position
Key Duties and Responsibilities - Other Duties may be assigned by Plant Management as needed.
* Manage all aspects of the logistics including trucking and transloading for the shipments of sand products to customer and company locations at any time required (including nights and weekends as needed).
* Create and transmit bill of ladings for product shipments to the appropriate rail service providers when needed.
* Utilize trucking and railcar tracking programs to manage the fleet.
* Point of contact at the plant for the railroad, Dallas Customer Service, and Logistics and our company transloads.
* Communicates with all levels of the organization, rail service providers and outside service companies.
* Coordinate with the management team to assist with scheduling daily loading requirements.
* Manage all Peru employees.
* Maintains railcar inventory of company and customer railcars.
* Maintain required inventories of consumables required for the operation of the Rail Load Out operations.
* Schedules maintenance on company railcars and leased equipment.
* Maintains and issues Daily Rail Operations Report, and Daily Logistics Update.
* Follows policies and procedures to complete assignments in a timely and efficient manner.
* Assists management staff in developing procedures to improve efficiency and performance.
* Performs other duties as assigned by management.
* Bachelor's Degree with emphasis on business or manufacturing is preferred.
* 3 to 5 years of Logistics, Trucking, Transloading, and/or Railroad Logistics experience.
* Proficiency with the usage of Microsoft Office products with an emphasis on Excel.
* Ability to mutli-task, focus on details and follow through to find solutions and positive outcomes.
* Must pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
* Must be able to climb stairs, ladders and be on elevated structures.
* Must be able to walk on uneven ground while conducting inspections of railcars and track.
* Must be able to access situations, formulate solutions and solve problems quickly.
* Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills while dealing with all personality types.
* Able to work in a group or independently and provide instruction to other plant employees.
* Efficient in the use of computers, Microsoft programs and automated systems.
* Ability to work under pressure and be patient in situations which you do not control.
* Ability to organize and create structure in an office environment that provides support to management.
Personal Traits and Attributes
* Excellent communication skills are needed to project a positive image for the company.
* Embraces a team based philosophy that aligns with company policies and objectives.
* Highly motivated and capable of demonstrating professionalism at all times.
* Ability to follow written instructions, procedures and policies.
* Dependable performance of job tasks and completion of assignments.
* Leader by example and supports plant objectives.
* Willing to take ownership of work activities and strive to make it a model for all to look up to.
* Must be able to read and interpret documents, manuals and diagrams.
* Must be able to teach others for back up purposes and for cross training.
* Support the team philosophy and be an active participant in plant programs.
* Be receptive to all points of view and willing to listen to others ideas and concepts.
* Utilize effective problem solving skills to improve team performance.
* Value the skills of fellow employees and demonstrate respect for others.
* Show support of others when their suggestions are the best solution.
* Demonstrate the ability to work with management staff as well as hourly employees.
Safety, Environmental and Regulatory Compliance
* Following all policies, procedures and regulations and promotes compliance by others.
* Knowing proper procedures for accident free job performance.
* Identify unsafe conditions and notify supervisor for corrective actions.
* Wear proper personal protective equipment at all times.
* Look out for fellow employees and visitors to the plant.
* Document all required inspections and maintain safety equipment in your area.
Competitive Wages, Benefits Package Include: Medical / dental insurance, paid vacation, Holidays and retirement plan.
Northern White Sand is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please mail your resumes to the address below - applications are not being accepted at the Main Office
Northern White Sand
P.O. Box 247 Utica, Illinois 61373