City: St. Charles
Requisition ID: 46321
Location: PLC Pine View Care Center
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
Come join us for our Open House Hiring Event on Thursday, February 22 nd from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm at Presence Pine View Center 611 Allen Lane, St. Charles. CNAs with Skilled Nursing Experience preferred.
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Senior Services performs various duties under the direction and supervision of a professional licensed nurse to assist the nursing staff in meeting patient/resident treatment and care requirements. All duties are carried out in accordance with the established policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct patient/resident care as assigned by the licensed nurse and communicates patient's response.
- Performs routine procedures e.g. blood glucose monitoring, vital signs, heights, weights, intake and output and the collections of urine, stool and sputum specimens.
- Documents care per departmental standards in electronic medical record.
- Assists with patients' activity and providing a safe environment.
- Observes patients/residents while performing delegated tasks and reports significant findings regarding safety, personal needs and changes in patient's condition to the licensed nurse.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Must have completed at least eight years of grade school or provide proof of equivalent knowledge.
Must be at least 16 years of age. Previous experience in senior services preferred. New Grads welcome to apply.
Knowledge of EPIC preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certified Nursing Assistant certification required. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Business Unit: Presence Health