Location: PLC St Anne Center
4405 Highcrest Road, Rockford, IL 61107-1452 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Assistant Directorof Nursing assesses, plans, develops, directs, and evaluates patient care activities and personnel in assigned departments. Implements policies and procedures, maintains and improves the level of patient care and standards of care in assigned units, and ensures compliance with established standards and practices and regulatory requirements by all nursing personnel. Functions as the Director of Nursing in the absence of the Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hires talented and dependable staff, and delegates responsibility effectively. Trains nursing staff on new processes and procedures. Develops employees to achieve established organizational goals.
- Manages employee performance by providing feedback, corrective counseling, and regularly scheduled performance evaluations. Keeps an accurate log on performance improvement data collection.
- Investigates and evaluates resident incidents. Evaluates nursing care and documentation by checking nurses' notes and care plans.
- Conducts correctional and educational in-services relating to resident care and documentation.Maintains open communication and open-door policy for direct reports. Addresses and resolves employee issues in a timely manner. Promotes positive patient, visitor, physician and interdepartmental interactions/communications.
- Serves as leader for group of personnel rendering nursing care to a number of patients.
This represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Graduate of an accredited nursing program is required. Minimum one year of experience, required. Active CPR Certification, required.
Minimum one year of experience in Skilled Nursing facility, preferred. Prior experience in nursing management, preferred
Business Unit: PLC Senior Services
Department Name: Skilled NSG SAC
Job Function: Nursing
Job Segment: Manager, Nursing, Law, Patient Care, Compliance, Healthcare, Management, Legal