Requisition ID: 66194
Ministry: PLC Senior Services
Location: Rainbow Hospice
1550 Bishop Court, Mount Prospect, IL 60056 United States (US)
Department: 20560120 PPC PRMC
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
To provide medical direction for the care and treatment of hospice and palliative care patients and families. Serves as liaison and contact between Rainbow Hospice, community physicians and other health care professionals to develop and expand awareness and utilization of hospice and palliative care as end of life resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides clinical expertise in Hospice and Palliative Medicine. Participates in interdisciplinary team decisions regarding diagnosis and medical management of patient/family needs, assuring that the highest quality of medical care is provided, and that continuity and comprehensiveness of care is maintained.
- Validates appropriateness of hospice care for referred patients and at time of re-certification and certifies/co-certifies patient's terminal condition.
- Assures that interdisciplinary care plans are medically appropriate and that the care rendered in fulfillment of such plans meets the medical standards of the community, of RHPC, and all governmental regulations.
- Provides on-call coverage for rotational evening, night and weekend call and participates in hospital/Ark General Inpatient care rounding as needed.
- Performs medically necessary consultations of patients in the hospice and non-hospice palliative care program.
- Participates in agency committees as requested.
- Serves as Faculty in Rainbow LIFE Institute.
- Supports marketing efforts by making presentations to physicians, nursing homes, and hospital personnel.
- Participates in the RHI Medical Advisory Committee to assure broad-based participation and support for the hospice program by practicing physicians.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including occasional coverage assignments for CMO and other physicians on the RHPC staff.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks.
Education and/or Experience
Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy degree from an accredited medical school with a current license to practice in the State of Illinois required. At least five years experience required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certification or active pursuit of certification by the American Board of Hospice and Palliative Medicine required. Must have or be eligible for membership in good standing on the medical staff of the RHI participating health care facilities. Maintains auto insurance and valid driver's license in accordance with agency standards. CPR certification required.
Business Unit: PLC Senior Services
Department Name: PPC PRMC
Job Function: Physicians and Mid-Level