Requisition ID: 60492
Location: Rainbow Hospice
1550 Bishop Court, Mount Prospect, IL 60056 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
To implement a territory wide professional outreach plan which effectively communicates agency mission, increases both referrals and census in both established and new accounts, and furthers business development. Works with medical professionals, health related and long term care facilities, as well as, home health and private duty organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs, implements and reports on a systematic professional business development plan within assigned territory, created to heighten awareness and stimulate timely referrals to Rainbow Hospice and Palliative Care.
- Works in conjunction with Chief Medical Officer, Palliative Care Consultant, Referral Center, Rainbow Hospice and Palliative Care clinical staff and LIFE Institute Faculty to educate physicians, nurses, discharge planners, and other health-care professionals to determine when, why and how to utilize hospice services. Develops strategies to overcome obstacles in the referral process.
- Works in conjunction with the LIFE Institute Faculty and Community Educator to form collaborations with other community based agencies.
- Markets and establishes relationships with targeted nursing homes, hospitals, retirement and assisted living communities, physicians, managed care entities, home health, private duty, etc.
- Executes minimum number of weekly external contacts and/or meetings set by Director of Business Development.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrates proficiency in public speaking.
- Demonstrates good communication skills, negotiation skills, and public/professional relations skills.
- Maintains auto insurance and valid driver's license in accordance with agency standards.
Education and/or Experience
A Bachelor's degree in marketing or a related health care field required. At least three years marketing experience required. At least two years experience in health care, preferably in home care, hospice operations, or long-term care required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Business Unit: PLC Senior Services
Department Name: Home Care Administration RH