Requisition ID: 41762
Location: Rainbow Hospice
1550 Bishop Court, Mount Prospect, IL 60056 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
To develop and deliver educational programs for internal and external audiences that align with the strategic plan of Rainbow Hospice and Palliative Care (RHPC). Develop and oversee best practices for the orientation of new clinical staff, ongoing competency adherence and clinical student supervision. Provide clinical consultation and education for interdisciplinary practice related issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and coordinates educational programs to improve quality of care and organizational processes using relevant evidence based research that aligns with operational goals.
- Collaborates with the COO and the LIFE Advisory Council to ensure comprehensive and consistent clinical orientation, ongoing evaluation of core competencies and creation and oversight of annual education plans for the organization.
- Works with individual professional clinical staff to ensure educational needs are met.
- Provides educational support for the computer charting.
- Participates in internal and external committees relevant to clinical education.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Demonstrates capacity for providing strong and effective leadership, exercising critical thinking skills and change concept skills.
Ability to have flexible hours.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Nursing or related field with experience in program delivery required. Master's degree preferred. More than five years clinical experience required. Recent hospice experience preferred.
Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher and ability to navigate the Internet required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Possesses and maintains current CPR certification. Maintains auto insurance and valid driver's license in accordance with agency standards.
Business Unit: PLC Senior Services
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability