Requisition ID: 46966
Location: Rainbow Hospice
1550 Bishop Court, Mount Prospect, IL 60056 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The home health aide is a paraprofessional member of the interdisciplinary team who works under the supervision of a registered nurse and performs various services for a patient as necessary to meet the patient's personal needs and to promote comfort. The home health aide is responsible for observing the patient, reporting these observations, providing care according to the plan of care, and documenting health observations and care performed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attends to patient requests promptly. If unable to perform a certain task or unclear on instructions, reports to the case manager immediately to clarify assignment.
- Meets safety needs of patient and uses equipment safely and properly.
- Gives personal care including baths, showers, foot and nail care, back rubs, oral hygiene, shampoos and changing bed linen as assigned.
- Assists in dressing and undressing patients as assigned.
- Plans and prepares meals, including washing dishes as assigned.
- Assists in feeding the patient as assigned.
- Takes and records oral, rectal, and axillary temperatures, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure when ordered.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent required. One year of hospice or home care experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Meets the training requirements of the State as a Certified Nurse's Aide. CHPNA preferred. Possesses and maintains current CPR certification*. Maintains auto insurance and valid driver's license in accordance with agency standards.
Business Unit: PLC Senior Services
Department Name: Hospice Red Rainbow