Requisition ID: 43188
Location: Rainbow Hospice
1550 Bishop Court, Mount Prospect, IL 60056 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 12
Standard Hours: 36
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Case Manager - Registered Nurse provides clinically-based case management to support the delivery of effective and efficient patient care. Oversees utilization management and transition management for patients within the assigned caseload. Partners with Social Workers and collaborates with other health care team members to identify appropriate utilization of resources and to ensure reimbursement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program is required. Minimum three years of experience in acute care nursing required.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred. Three years of experience as a Case Manager in an acute care setting preferred.
- Ability to effectively negotiate with internal and external providers of patient care services. Must have analytical abilities to assist in obtaining solutions to problems. Ability to problem solve in a proactive, creative manner using sound judgment based on factual information and clinical knowledge.
- Experience with electronic medical records such as MIDAS preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Registered Nurse with a current Illinois License required.
- Case Manager certification preferred.
Business Unit: PLC Senior Services
Department Name: Hospice Orange Rainbow