Requisition ID: 60464
Location: Presence Villa Scalabrini
480 North Wolf Road, Northlake, IL 60164 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Staff Nurse I - Senior Services oversees the delivery of care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation to assigned patients in skilled nursing and extended care facilities. Collaborates with supervisors, physicians and other clinical disciplines in making decisions regarding patients' care. Directs and guides patient teaching and activities of ancillary personnel while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs assessment and develops a plan to focus on the resident's physical, psychological and social needs.
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure and other vital signs to detect deviations and assesses condition of patients.
- Administers prescribed medications and intravenous infusions. Assumes responsibility for correct dosages and maintaining correct infusion rates.
- Aids physician during treatments and examinations of patients. Prepares rooms, equipment and supplies for exams.
- Documents nursing interventions, patient reactions, effectiveness of treatments, and condition complications. Communicates information to charge nurse, peers and physician.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred. Previous experience in a long term care setting or acute hospital preferred. IV experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Registered Nurse with a current Illinois License required.
- CPR certification required.
Application submittal is acknowledgement that pre-employment screening will be conducted on all potential hires post-offer. Applicants are entitled to a copy of the background check report and have the right to challenge its accuracy and completeness. If the applicant is covered by the Illinois Health Care Worker Background Check Act, and the applicant's record indicates a conviction, he or she may request a waiver from the Illinois Department of Public Health.