Requisition ID: 63775
Location: Presence Casa San Carlo Rtmnt
420 North Wolf Road, Northlake, IL 60164 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 20
Employment Status: Part-time
Employment Type: Regular
Under general direction, the Maintenance Worker performs work related to a variety of trades to restructure and maintain buildings, equipment, furnishings, fixtures and grounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works from blueprints, schematics, or sketched instructions in preparation of construction or repair assignments.
- Constructs or repairs buildings utilizing a variety of skills, materials and machinery. Skills utilized include basic mechanics, carpentry, dry walling/plastering, electrical, painting, plumbing etc. Will often demolish/gut and completely reconstruct rooms or area.
- Performs work such as plastering, taping, dry walling, and ceiling installations.
- Implements plumbing knowledge to remove or install (screw or sweat) piping, valves, sinks, toilets, faucets, pumps. Rods sewers and cleans grease traps.
- Employs carpentry skills to install soffits, cabinets, doors, locksets, and to build cabinets and counters. Utilizes masonry techniques to repair building(s).
- Monitors large tanks of nitrogen, nitrous oxide and oxygen, which are necessary for patient care, to ensure proper levels and working condition. Changes tanks when levels become low.
- Performs preventive maintenance on various machines, equipment, furniture, systems, etc. (such as grease traps, wheelchairs, patient beds, sanitary sewer cleaning, etc.) as directed.
- Performs routine maintenance work such as replacing fuses and light bulbs, clearing drains, repairing faucets and repairing furniture.
- Adheres to safety rules and regulations, including wearing provided safety equipment at all times. Maintains work areas in an orderly, clean, and safe condition. Disposes of maintenance related refuse. Uses and cares for tools/equipment/supplies in an appropriate manner.
- Maintains all required records and information pertinent to costing out work assignments. May prepare reports.
- Maintain Security:
- Complete routine security as scheduled.
- Check all perimeter doors to ensure they are locked and alarmed.
- If there is a serious behavioral disturbance, call 911.
- Completes a reception/security shift report to document all unusual occurrences.
- Calls for back up assistance as necessary to assure building and resident security.
- Other Responsibilities:
- Adheres to downtime procedures.
- Adheres to established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Performs both essential and non-essential job functions in a safe manner.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and models the mission and core values of the company through behavior and attitude.
- Enhances professional growth and development by accessing educational programs, job related literature, in-service meetings, and workshops/seminars.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Maintains professional growth and development through educations programs, etc.
- Maintains established department/hospital policies, procedures, directives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control standards appropriate to this position.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and models the mission and core values of the Corporation through behavior and attitude.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- At least one year experience required.
Application submittal is acknowledgement that pre-employment screening will be conducted on all potential hires post-offer. Applicants are entitled to a copy of the background check report and have the right to challenge its accuracy and completeness. If the applicant is covered by the Illinois Health Care Worker Background Check Act, and the applicant's record indicates a conviction, he or she may request a waiver from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
Business Unit: PLC Senior Services
Department Name: Plant Operations CSCRC
Job Function: Support Services