Requisition ID: 62256
Location: Presence Villa Scalabrini
480 North Wolf Road, Northlake, IL 60164 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
Supplies all departments in the facility with the necessary type of linen required for proper service and resident care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sorts soiled linens from bins and removes all foreign matter wearing proper protective equipment.
- Loads soiled linens and personal clothing in washers using proper wash cycles.
- Removes clean linen from washers, places same in dryers and activates dryers properly.
- Removes dried linen from dryers, folds linens and clothing and stores on shelves.
- Prepares linen exchange carts for proper amount of linens prior to delivery.
- Delivers linen to nursing units in a timely manner.
- Assists in care and maintenance cleaning of laundry area on a daily basis.
- Cleans all equipment and performs other cleaning duties.
- Adheres to downtime procedures.
- Adheres to established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Performs both essential and non-essential job functions in a safe manner as identified by Resurrection Health Care.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and models the mission and core values of Resurrection Health Care through behavior and attitude.
- Enhances professional growth and development by accessing educational programs, job related literature, in-service meetings, and workshops/seminars.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent strongly preferred
- One to three years of experience
- Ability to speak and write English to the extent necessary for safe and efficient performance of the job
Application submittal is acknowledgement that pre-employment screening will be conducted on all potential hires post-offer. Applicants are entitled to a copy of the background check report and have the right to challenge its accuracy and completeness. If the applicant is covered by the Illinois Health Care Worker Background Check Act, and the applicant's record indicates a conviction, he or she may request a waiver from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
Business Unit: PLC Senior Services
Department Name: Environmental Services VSNRC
Job Function: Support Services