Requisition ID: 63156
Location: Presence Villa Scalabrini
480 North Wolf Road, Northlake, IL 60164 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Activities Director plans, organizes, develops, and directs the overall operation of the Activities Department in accordance with current federal, state and local standards and as may be directed by the Executive Director to assure that an on-going program of activities is delivered. The program will respond to the interests of the facility residents and enhance their physical, mental, social and psychological well-being and be presented in a manner which embodies the mission and core values of Presence Health.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, organizes, develops, implements and directs the activity programs for residents in the facility. Researches, contracts and schedules outside services and entertainers. Develops and maintains the activity calendar, newsletter and set-up sheets.
- Creates and maintains an exciting, innovative and balanced activity program which includes evening and week-ends. Assures that activities are developed to include residents at all levels of care. Coordinates activities with other departments as necessary.
- Plans and implements the schedule for resident outings; attends outings with residents as appropriate. Drives the facility bus and/or van as needed.
- Incorporates resident feedback into the activity program and schedule; and passes on comments from residents and others to assist in quality improvement efforts. Evaluates current programs and initiates changes for improvements.
- Keeps department records and documentation current and complete. Assures that activities assessment is done on each new resident and kept in their file.
- Recruits, hires, trains, supervise, evaluate, disciplines, and terminate activity department staff as needed. Assures that the staff is well trained in department and facility policies and procedures. Recruits and trains volunteer staff to expand activities provided.
- Assures that equipment and supplies needed are available and in good working order.
- Develops annual budget for the department. Maintains department expenditures within allotted budget. Assures that the activities department is run in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Participates as a member of the facility's management team, committees and task forces. Organizes the resident council(s) and reports their issues to the management team.
- Participates in interdisciplinary teams to improve services, solve problems, resolve resident issues, etc.
- Maintains department policies and procedures and updates annually or as required.
- Supports the facility library providing materials suitable for the visually impaired.
- Stays abreast of current innovations in the industry including federal and state regulations as well as professional standards.
- Rotates in covering on-call in the absence of the Executive Director.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Accurately completes activity portion of resident Minimum Data Set (MDS).
- Assists the Executive Director during Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) inspections and other visits, providing information and documentation as needed.
- Understands, articulates and ensures compliance with the National Quality Forum Patient Safety Practices as well as patient safety practices that may be mandated by any regulatory agency.
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school in Activities, Recreational Therapy, Occupational Therapy or related field is required.
- Minimum one year of experience in activities, recreational therapy or occupational therapy or related field required.
- Minimum one year of supervisory experience is required.
- Must have organizational, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Basic computer skills required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist, Certified Activity Director, or equivalent required.
- Valid Illinois Driver's license in good standing is required.
Application submittal is acknowledgement that pre-employment screening will be conducted on all potential hires post-offer. Applicants are entitled to a copy of the background check report and have the right to challenge its accuracy and completeness. If the applicant is covered by the Illinois Health Care Worker Background Check Act, and the applicant's record indicates a conviction, he or she may request a waiver from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
Business Unit: PLC Senior Services
Department Name: Activities VSNRC
Job Function: Support Services