Ethics Mgr - Mission Integration 001 - Full-Time,Day - Navistar - Lisle,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Manages the development and implementation of policies, procedures and strategies for issues regarding bioethics and organizational ethics.
- Develops tools to assist staff with assessing and resolving ethical issues. Collects, analyzes and reports on data patterns and trends related to ethics activities.
- Provides and coordinates ethics consultations and chart interventions as needed.
- Assists with developing and providing ethics education resources and programs.
- Serves as a resource to leadership, committees and teams requiring ethics representation.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- None Required obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Master's Level Degree
- One of the following is required:
- 1) MD, Advanced Practitioner (PA, APNP, etc) or RN with Master's level work in health care ethics/bioethics and/or particular emphasis in Catholic moral theology
- 2) Master's in Healthcare ethics/bioethics and courses in Catholic theology
- 3) Master's in Theology/theological ethics with a concentration in health care ethics/bioethics
- 4) Master's in Philosophical ethics with a concentration in health care ethics/bioethics and courses in Catholic theology
- 3 years of experience required.5 years of experience preferred.1 year of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.