Dir-Foundation Development - Administration 001 - Full-Time,Day - Navistar - Hinsdale,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Reporting to the Vice President, Midwest Health Foundation and South Region, the Development Director, Major and Planned Gifts (DMPG) is responsible for implementation of major and planned gift strategies to achieve annual financial targets. Working closely with the Vice President, Midwest Health Foundation and South Region and other Foundation Leadership, the DMPG will serve as specialized gift officer and be responsible for developing and implementing planned giving program strategy, inclusive of prospect identification and stewardship, across the AMITA Health System. S/he will manage a blended major and planned giving portfolio and serve as a resource to gift officers at La Grange Memorial Hospital Foundation, Hinsdale Hospital Foundation and across AMITA Health System-affiliated Foundations. S/he will play a key role in identifying new donors while developing and advancing existing donor relationships and encouraging increased giving through the execution of cultivation and stewardship strategies for prospects and donors.
- Establish and maintain a planned giving prospect identification, cultivation and gift stewardship program to ensure new major/planned gift donors are systematically identified and cultivated to greater giving.
- The DPMG will partner with the Director, Communications to develop and produce all outward-facing promotional and informational materials for the planned giving program.
- The DMPG will work in collaboration with stewardship staff to prepare written materials, including correspondence, stewardship plans, solicitation materials, acknowledgements and regular communications as part of a robust planned giving stewardship program.
- S/he will creatively and persistently seek connections to new prospects to qualify interest and capacity, and to build pipeline.
- The DPMG will carry a portfolio of 100-125 major gift prospects, soliciting the most promising donors and prospects for blended and planned gifts and be accountable to metric-based performance goals, reflective of both activity and total dollars raised annually.
- The DPMG will identify, cultivate and solicit major gift prospects and maintain moves management strategies, track and document actions and manage portfolio solicitor assignments as appropriate.
- Meet with major/planned gift prospects/current donors and/or their advisors, present financial illustrations of proposed gifts and draft gift agreements for review by prospects/donors and/or their advisors.
- Perform all duties in connection with major/planned giving program including but not limited to the solicitation for and acquisition of charitable gift annuities, wills, estate bequests, gifts and donations, charitable trusts.
- The DMPG will complete gift arrangements and coordinate payments of gift and monitor, manage and record all estate and trust activities.
- Ensure all major/planned giving donors receive appropriate, consistent recognition and an accounting of the impact that their gifts on the work of the AMITA mission.
- Establish and maintain contact with lawyers, CPAs, trust officers, insurance underwriters and other estate planning professionals.
- The DMPG will consistently offer educational opportunities, materials and communication regarding major and planned-giving for prospect, donors and staff.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- 5 years of experience required. 10 years of experience preferred. 2 years of leadership or management experience required. 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
- At least 3 years development experience in a large and complex setting, preferably in a faith-based community health care system.
- Demonstrated experience developing nurturing relationships culminating in documented planned gifts.
- Strong knowledge of planned and blended gift options, planned giving program infrastructure and planned giving software.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, engage and lead teams to achieve results.
- Experience in identifying, cultivating soliciting, closing and stewarding major gift donors.
- Proven experience in engaging high-level volunteers in fundraising process.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative problem solver with attention to detail.
- High level of proficiency with fundraising database, preferably with Raiser's Edge.
- Ability to prioritize, independently structure and organize one's own work, coordinate projects with others, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proactive, positive, team player with willingness to grow in an entrepreneurial environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.