RN Mgr-Operating Room - Surgery 001 - Full-Time,Day - ALMH - La Grange,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Manages activities, workflow and nursing resources of assigned nursing unit(s).
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements for self and within unit.
- Conducts hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care services for the assigned unit(s). Develops and implements policies and procedures to guarantee efficient and effective delivery of health services in a unit.
- Monitors and adheres to budget. Approves or monitors expenditures, purchases and other actions to ensure compliance with budget guidelines.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing with experience required
- 3 years of experience required. 1 year of leadership or management experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.