Occupational Therapist | Home Health
Part-Time (20 hrs)
AMITA Health: Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Evaluates and treats home health patients with physical, emotional, cognitive and/or psychosocial deficits.
- Assesses patient's ability to safely and effectively perform independent living skills. Designs the appropriate plan of care, including type and frequency of treatment.
- Implements the treatment plan using appropriate modalities. Documents findings of patient progress. Monitors and modifies the plan of care as needed. Seeks consultation as necessary.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services and provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs.
- Oversees the care provided by designated individuals according to established regulations and practice standards.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Drivers License credentialed from the Illinois Department of Motor Vehicles (IL-DMV) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Rehab Therapist specializing in Occupational Therapy (OTR) credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's degree required Master's degree preferred
- 2-3 years of Home Health experience strongly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.