Requisition ID: 67027
Ministry: PLC Senior Services
Location: Presence Bethlehem Rtmnt
1571 West Ogden, LaGrange Park, IL 60526 United States (US)
Department: 10167180 Plant Operations BWRC
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
Prepares walls and other surfaces and applies paint/varnish/stain/other finishes and wall papers to decorate and protect interior and exterior surfaces, including equipment and furniture in a manner which embodies the mission and core values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Protects and decorates interior and exterior surfaces, equipment and furniture.
- Prepares interior surfaces by removing old wallpaper and/or paint, and window treatments, washing, scraping, sanding, filling holes, cracks and joints.
- Cleans metal surfaces and exterior walls to remove dirt, rust and scale.
- Assists with erecting and removing all scaffolding as requires for each specific job. May move/rearrange furniture.
- Spreads cloth or canvas over floors and furniture and masks areas, such as trim, to protect them from spattered paint.
- Mixes and blends paints and stains to obtain desired color and consistency and thins ready-mixed paint to correct consistency. Applies primer and finish coats.
- Applies wall paper.
- Restores and/or finishes damaged wood and metal furniture.
- Removes old and/or damaged window treatments.
- Maintains a service oriented approach with all internal and external customers in a manner which promotes customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrates understanding of customer service/hospitality.
- Makes suggestions regarding paint and restoration jobs and improving service.
- Passes on comments from residents and others to assist in quality improvement efforts.
- Participates as a member of the Environmental Services Team.
- Supports corporate, division and facility policies/procedures.
- Stays on the job, if needed, until all jobs are completed.
- Assists others as needed.
- Adjusts schedule as needed to meet department budget and services goals
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- 1-3 years of experience painting required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Proficient with Windows-style applications and keyboard.
- Computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information.
Application submittal is acknowledgement that pre-employment screening will be conducted on all potential hires post-offer. Applicants are entitled to a copy of the background check report and have the right to challenge its accuracy and completeness. If the applicant is covered by the Illinois Health Care Worker Background Check Act, and the applicant's record indicates a conviction, he or she may request a waiver from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
Business Unit: PLC Senior Services
Department Name: Plant Operations BWRC
Job Function: Support Services