Requisition ID: 63407
Location: Presence Bethlehem Rtmnt
1571 West Ogden, LaGrange Park, IL 60526 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Executive Director Housing II functions as the Chief Executive Officer over all the operations of the assigned long term care facility and is responsible for achieving the Mission and Core Values. This position is accountable for the provision of quality care, development of human resources, improvement of services, census growth and financial results of the facility assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, interprets, and provides for implementation of the philosophy, goals, and objectives consistent with Presence system's values and mission. Implements, monitors and maintains standards of practice and systems as well as the facility's overall performance improvement and risk management programs.
- Communicates regularly with residents and families to identify and resolve needs and concerns. Evaluates and improves current resident, family and community programs and services to ensure that they continue to meet needs of referral sources and residents as well as develops new programs and services.
- Ensures all residents' rights to fair and suitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, and privacy are established and well maintained. Displays an attitude of warmth, personal interest, and caring to residents in order to positively affect the resident and family satisfaction of the facility.
- Works cooperatively with the Human Resource Department in assuring that effective recruitment techniques, hiring procedures, system orientation, and effective retention programs are consistently practiced. Makes necessary changes regarding an appropriate organizational structure, management staff, managerial processes and personnel policies to obtain objectives of the facility.
- Establishes evaluation systems for all aspects of organizational operation, including the quality of care provided, and initiate the appropriate follow-up. Participates with subordinates in the development of long and short-range plans, goals, and objectives and evaluate staff performance based on these measures.
- Promotes a team spirit, appropriate work ethic and assures that the facility is responsive to staff needs related to the delivery of healthcare services through daily rounds, quarterly meetings with the staff and improving employee satisfaction survey results. Fosters a spirit of issue resolution among all facility staff.
- Manages the financial operations of the facility in accordance with corporate accounting standards of practice and compliance program. Reviews operating results against both long and short-term objectives and norms and take remedial action to maximize effectiveness.
- Maintains occupancy percentage at or above budget and an effective marketing program that assures the provision of services that meet the needs of the local community and referral sources.
- Participates and supports the marketing and sales efforts. Ensures that the marketing plan is developed, executed, reviewed and updated to meet the overall census goal at or above census.
- Updates facility and staff on all Federal, State and local laws, and regulatory agency requirements to applicable assigned area of responsibility and ensure compliance with all such laws, regulations, assisted living annual survey and license renewal.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree with either significant additional experience or advanced credential in Nursing Home Administration.
- Minimum two years of experience as Administrator in a similarly complex facility or successful completion of an Administrator-In-Training program from a recognized organization.
- Master's degree in health care or related study preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Appropriate License or certification for services offered in facility required.
- Valid Driver's License Required.
- Active membership in local, state or national associations dedicated to senior residential and/or assisted living care required.
Application submittal is acknowledgement that pre-employment screening will be conducted on all potential hires post-offer. Applicants are entitled to a copy of the background check report and have the right to challenge its accuracy and completeness. If the applicant is covered by the Illinois Health Care Worker Background Check Act, and the applicant's record indicates a conviction, he or she may request a waiver from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
Business Unit: PLC Senior Services
Department Name: Administration BWRC
Job Function: Senior Leadership