Location: Presence St Mary Kankakee
500 West Court Street, Kankakee, IL 60901-3661 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 0
Employment Status: PRN / Registry
Employment Type: Regular
The Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Technologist performs all magnetic resonance imaging studies while under the general supervision of a licensed practitioner, for the purposes of diagnosis and/or treatment of anatomic and physiologic disorders at a technical level not requiring constant supervision and within the scope of their license.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) studies and administration of contrast media with appropriate application of technical and positioning protocols, radio frequency safety procedures and proper image identifying criteria according to department policy and procedure. Assists radiologist with specialized radiography/MRI procedures as requested.
- Evaluates MRI images for technical quality, assuring proper identification is recorded.
- Verifies physician orders for instructions from requesting physician and consults with the radiologists as necessary. Preps patient for exam. Explains procedure and provides education and instruction to patient as appropriate.
- Selects, operates, and maintains MRI and associated equipment. Performs equipment warm up, calibration and safety check. Operates hospital computer system. Reports to supervisor any equipment malfunctions. Operates equipment in accordance with manufacturer guidelines for appropriate quality control.
- Responsible for departmental records. Accurately and promptly documents in departmental records (film, file and computer) patient name, exam date, film/image markers, clinical history, complaints, allergies, etc. May prepare file for processing to radiologist. Collects statistics as directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Graduate of an approved program in radiologic technology.
One to three years of experience preferred.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, Meditech and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Registration in Radiology by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or ARMRIT certification required. CPR certification required.
Business Unit: Presence St Mary Hosp Kankakee
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Job Segment: Medical, Physiology, Medical Technologist, MRI, Clinic, Healthcare