Requisition ID: 53645
Location: Presence St Joseph Med Joliet
333 Madison Street, Joliet, IL 60435-8200 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Supervisor, Care Management serves as the lead for the care management team in the absence of the Regional Lead or Director. Performs supervisory duties as described, in the absence of the Regional Lead (Director), Care Management including responsibilities related to day-to-day staffing, assignments and serving as an expert resource for staff. Performs case management activities and assumes the role of Case Manager as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads the daily operations of the Case Management department by maintaining appropriate staffing levels and adjusting assignments to meet the needs of the department and hospital.
- Directs the department staff which includes orientating, training, mentoring, supervising and assessing competency. Assists in the hiring interview process and provides input into staff annual performance evaluations.
- Collaborates with the System and Regional Leads of Case Management by contributing to strategic initiatives, individual hospital budgets, policies and guidelines.
- Establishes and promotes relationships with clinical team members, physician advisor, chief medical officer and individual physicians to promote care coordination, effective utilization of resources and discharge planning.
- Maintains an active awareness of regulations and practice standards so that the local lead can contribute to the development of physician strategies related to documentation and resource management.
- Contributes to performance improvement initiatives by gathering data, performing audits and monitoring performance. Also supports the analysis of data and presenting information to the case management team.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Directly supervises employee(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Master's degree in Social Work, or Master's degree in Health Administration with RN license required. Minimum three years of experience as a care manager in an acute care setting required.
Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must be a Registered Nurse or Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
Business Unit: Presence St Joseph MC Joliet
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability