Requisition ID: 62186
Location: PLC Villa Franciscan
210 North Springfield Avenue, Joliet, IL 60435 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Director, Nursing - Senior Services manages the Department of Nursing including planning, organizing and directing all department functions and activities. The position establishes goals, objectives, and standards of performance, and develops operating policies and procedures while interpreting Presence Health policies and regulations to personnel, residents, medical staff and the general public.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and directs department functions in accordance with state, federal and local regulatory requirements and Presence Health policies and procedures.
- Establishes staffing needs. Recruits and hires nursing personnel and provides orientation, training and scheduling of employees in accordance with productivity standards.
- Establishes standards of care for nursing staff. Investigates and acts upon policy and procedure violations and reviews nursing performance.
- Consults with pharmacists, labs, medical staff and ancillary providers to establish and monitor medications, lab services, physician visits and ensures that nursing personnel are current on all regulations and policies.
- Maintains direct patient contact and involvement in patient care; monitoring and evaluating nursing services to maintain quality of care, efficiency of staff and accuracy of medical records.
- Promotes and encourages professional growth of self and all nursing staff through the use of seminars, workshops and in-service training.
- Designs, implements and reports on Quality Assurance activities related to nursing. May serve on committees within the facility and Presence Health.
- Directs and supervises acquisition and maintenance of department facilities, equipment and supplies, while remaining within budget.
- Assists Admissions with referrals and Social Services with discharges and may participate in Marketing or other Census building activities.
- Serves as Manager-On-Duty as required. May have administrative responsibilities in absence of the Administrator.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Directly supervises employee(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required.
- Minimum one year of long term care experience as a supervisor, charge nurse or Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Registered Nurse with a current Illinois License required.
- Geriatric Certification through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) is preferred.
Application submittal is acknowledgement that pre-employment screening will be conducted on all potential hires post-offer. Applicants are entitled to a copy of the background check report and have the right to challenge its accuracy and completeness. If the applicant is covered by the Illinois Health Care Worker Background Check Act, and the applicant's record indicates a conviction, he or she may request a waiver from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
Business Unit: PLC Senior Services
Department Name: Nursing Admin VLF
Job Function: Nursing