Requisition ID: 45900
Location: Presence St Joseph Med Joliet
333 Madison Street, Joliet, IL 60435-8200 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Director, Specialty Service Lines oversees operations for key organizational service lines with a primary focus on Cardiovascular and Neuroscience Service lines. Provides leadership to multiple practice leaders and teams, to monitor and ensure clinical and operational performance goals, through collaboration with leadership, providers, service line leadership, and associates. Assists in developing operational and business plans, budgets, and tactics for service line operations. Supervises Managers, guides and assists them in managing the operations of their assigned practices and services, and leads implementation teams responsible for projects and initiatives within the service line.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the operations and service delivery of all units/services within the service lines. Supports management, as needed, in areas of daily operations including staffing, payroll, and quality/safety outcomes and metrics.
- Supervises and establishes clear accountabilities and sets performance goals for assigned Managers.
- Collaborates with PMG Operations, Presence Health Service Line Leadership, providers and medical group leadership to ensure sharing of best practices to promote overall achievement of goals and sharing expectations, building and maintaining strong relationships, measuring office practice integration and delivering high quality service.
- Understands matrix reporting responsibilities and alignment, within the service line.
- Supports and implements appropriate standardization of system wide service line operations, support functions, policies and infrastructure.
- Develops business plans, and implements effective strategies and programs for new and existing service lines, with input from community leaders, providers, and in collaboration with senior leadership.
- Reviews monthly financial and key performance indicators with Managers. Identifies opportunities for improvement and develops plan to implement necessary changes to meet budget and organizational goals. Ensures compliance to fiscal standards with focus on volume, payer mix, fees, customer service initiatives, productivity, coding, non-provider labor, building occupancy expenses, and clinical supply costs.
- Participates in annual budget development in collaboration with Managers and physicians for assigned practices/services, and holds accountable for practice adherence to budget and/or other fiscal goals.
- Ensures alignment and implementation of service line quality initiatives by leadership, in collaboration with medical/nursing leadership and the service line system leadership.
- Supports all practice and service line activities to achieve and maintain program accreditations.
- Supports the Central Business Office (CBO) in identification of any billing issues and develops action plans to rectify issues. Coordinates revenue cycle initiatives for implementation in all assigned practices/services.
- Ensures provider employment and professional service agreement compliance, through collaboration with providers, payroll, executive leadership, and compensation stakeholders.
- Performs evaluation process for direct reports, which includes Managers and Allied Health Professionals; compiles information for human resource department in a timely manner. Provides on-going feedback and performance management to direct reports throughout the year.
- Recruits, interviews and hires talent within the area of responsibility in order to ensure the most effective leadership for the associates, achievement of organizational goals, quality outcomes, programmatic growth and customer satisfaction. l Including engaging and aligning with service line leadership in the recruitment of providers, as well as temporary locum providers.
- Counsels associates in disciplinary matters and obtains assistance from human resources appropriately for disciplinary actions and/or associate termination process. Develops and encourages sound associate, patient, and physician relationships as well as intra and inter departmental relationships.
- Serves on committees and assists other managers. Attends meetings for the benefit of service line operations or personal management development and growth.
- Maintains communication with leadership on a weekly basis to review financial and operational performance targets as well as other projects defined by Service Line Leadership.
- Understands, articulates and ensures compliance with any applicable National Quality Forum Patient Safety Practices as well as patient or associate safety practices that may be mandated by any regulatory agency.
- Reviews productivity and quality trends and communicates with appropriate service line and Hospital based leadership on a regular basis.
- Assists in on-boarding new service line providers to include gathering of necessary data for hospital privileging as well as payor credentialing.
- Drives patient, associate and provider satisfaction to ensure Presence Health is the provider and employer of choice.
- Develops, coordinates, and collaborates with interdisciplinary teams in planning and changing patient care delivery systems and services.
- Provides director on call coverage for the organization on a rotational basis and responds to or delegates responsibility for 24 hour call regarding service line.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Master's degree in health administration or business administration, or related field required. Minimum seven years of experience in a healthcare administration role with service line responsibility. BSN required.
Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint proficiency required. Knowledge of physician office and hospital database software such as EPIC, Meditech, and McKesson preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Registered Nurse, Current Illinois Driver's License required.
Business Unit: Presence St Joseph MC Joliet
Department Name: Nursing Admin PSJMC