This posting cannot receive an online application from your CareerSite.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Clinical Staff Pharmacist, Full Time Evenings, Emergency Dept, St Joseph Medica
Requisition ID: 67731
Ministry: Presence St Joseph MC Joliet
Location: Presence St Joseph Med Joliet
333 Madison Street, Joliet, IL 60435-8200 United States (US)
Department: 20595290 Pharmacy PSJMC
Daily Hours: 12
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
Provides pharmaceutical care services to patients. Services include, but are not limited to, preparation, dispensing, monitoring and proper documentation of patient medication therapy. Duties include advising health care providers on matters pertaining to optimizing drug therapy. Ensures compliance with Federal, State, and local laws and regulations as well as compliance with regulatory agencies affecting the practice of Pharmacy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Enters provider medication orders into computer systems. Monitors drug profile for safety and efficacy considering specific patient conditions and health status including duplicate therapy, medication interactions and appropriateness of therapy. Ensure medication orders follow policies, procedures and regulations. Ensures are orders processed in a manner to maximize bedside barcode verification process. Ensures accurate and complete communication with co-workers from one shift to another.
2. Reviews patient information and medication with emphasis on providing optimal drug therapy. Advises patient care team of issues with, or possible enhancements to, patient's medication therapy. Orders lab testing per protocol to monitor patient response to therapy and intervenes to prevent adverse drug events. Adjusts therapy based on renal function. Evaluates patients for IV to PO therapy, reviews patient information to support core measure compliance, implements approved interchanges and protocols, monitors antibiotic orders for appropriate use, and monitors patients based on needs and initiatives of the hospital as assigned.
3. Leads and oversees the work of technical personnel in the Pharmacy to ensure quality and maintain Pharmacy routines. Supervises the medication use process, medication procurement and storage. Assumes charge responsibility over technical personnel who assist in preparation, maintenance, and dispensing of drugs and supplies in accordance with licensure. Ensures that all medications, fluids, and or products along with associated labels and barcodes are checked for accuracy, safety and appropriateness before they are dispensed. Monitors activities of technicians including dispensing of patient specific doses and automation refills. Follows proper technique in preparing parenteral or oral medications. Accurately weighs, measures and mixes ingredients. Ensures compliance of technicians with USP 797 standards when preparing sterile products.
4. Demonstrates clinical competency in pharmacokinetic dosing, anticoagulant dosing, electrolyte dosing, pain management dosing, pediatric dosing and other as requested by provider.
5. Follows defined process for refills of controlled substances to automated dispensing machines. Ensures controlled substance processes provide minimal diversion opportunities. Ensures medication regulations are upheld. Responsibility to take appropriate action to audit any discrepancies according to policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work requires the ability to resolve extremely complex problems requiring clinical principles, theories and concepts and in-depth, experience-based knowledge in order to review patient's drug therapies, selecting alternative therapies and calculating doses based on blood levels and patient's condition.
Work requires the ability to counsel and educate patients and their families regarding drug therapies, to educate health care providers about new and existing drug therapies, to educate health care providers about new and existing drug therapies, and to make recommendations to physicians regarding prescribed drug therapies.
Work requires the ability to exercise considerable independent judgement in order to interpret data, analyze problems and develop plans to attain a resolution.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or GED is required.
PharmD or B.S. in Pharmacy from an accredited college or school of pharmacy required.
Work requires data entry and typing skills sufficient to update patient information into medical record. Requires ability to receive, analyze and transmit data via hand-held or computer terminals, telephones and fax machines.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Work requires current State of Illinois license as a Registered Pharmacist.
Business Unit: Presence St Joseph MC Joliet
Job Function: Pharmacy
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
| Location: Joliet, IL 60435
| Document ID: AD322-0EQH
| Posted on: ||2019-09-2009/20/2019