Requisition ID: 54447
Location: Presence St Joseph Med Joliet
333 Madison Street, Joliet, IL 60435-8200 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
Join us and impact nursing practice! Come and be an integral part of our team at AMITA St. Joseph Medical Center in the Emergency Department as our Clinical Practice Specialist (CPS)!
The CPS is an exciting role that encompasses all aspects of advanced practice nursing allowing the selected candidate to positively influence patient care. As a member of the ED Leadership Team, the CPS serves as a mentor to frontline nurses and ancillary associates. Daily activities range from coordinating clinical education and implementing evidence-based practice, to continuously monitoring results and making adjustments to processes with members of our team.
The recently remodeled emergency department has a stellar reputation, a dynamic multidisciplinary team, exceptional resources and a vital Unit-Based Leadership Council. It is a Tertiary Referral Center with a diverse population who are served by the dynamic staff of one of the region's few Level II Trauma Centers.
The Clinical Practice Specialist (CPS) is a Registered Profession Nurse (RN) who practices within the scope of the Illinois Nurse Practice Act to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, high quality, individualized nursing care based upon knowledge and experience, the nursing process and leadership skills. The registered nurse in this role serves as specialty area expert to the nursing staff, patients, families and operational team who work in various clinical settings. The CPS is responsible and accountable for clinical nursing standards of practice, education, research and professional leadership activities. This role shares 24 hour accountability with other members of the interdependent leadership team for designated performance outcomes related to specific clinical service area. The CPS is a member of the hospital management team and participates in organization wide initiative as a member of nursing management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitates a high standard of patient care delivery. Ensure staff competencies, practice patterns, and care coordination processes achieve high quality patient care outcomes, and demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide age appropriate care as described in the department's policy and procedure manual. Continually develops knowledge and skills in designated service area(s), and implements strategies to disseminate new ideas to assigned staff.
- Functions as an expert clinician, role model, researcher, educator and leader for clinical staff. Mentors staff. Identifies staff strengths and opportunities for development; structures experiences for staff members' continual learning. Maintains staff training and development around skills and behaviors that foster high customer satisfaction. Serves as a resource to new staff and preceptors in the orientation process.
- Incorporates institutional goals into the performance dashboard for service area(s). Interacts with other departments, physician constituents, and staff to incorporate their input into the clinical practice and staff development goals for the service area(s)
- Utilizes tools, auditing processes, educational programs, and decision making bodies to ensure a continuous state of regulatory and accreditation readiness. Interprets the impact and urgency of ongoing accreditation and regulatory requirements to the operations of designated service area(s).
- Utilizes data, processes, tools, and communication vehicles to support outcome monitoring. Takes action to continually improve the effectiveness of clinical practice and patient care interventions.
- Provides oversight of care coordination activities, including development of skills and process to support proactive management of care delivery.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Directly supervises employee(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Master's degree in Nursing required. Minimum of 3 years progressive clinical experience required. Training, development of staff, preceptor experience preferred.
Basic computer skills required
Proficiency in Microsoft word, excel and power point preferred
Experience with electronic medical records and EPIC preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Registered Nurse with a current Illinois License required. Certifications as Clinical Nurse Specialist or Advanced Practice Nurse preferred. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required. Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) etc. are unit specific required certifications.
Certification in area of specialty is preferred.
Business Unit: Presence St Joseph MC Joliet
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability