Requisition ID: 53859
Location: PLC Villa Franciscan
210 North Springfield Avenue, Joliet, IL 60435 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
As a critical member of the marketing and admissions team, this position works closely with hospital discharge planners, physicians, social workers, case managers, and management to generate referrals and ensure a smooth discharge process for patients transferring to an Ascension Living (AL) community.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with referral sources (hospitals, physicians, social workers and case managers) to identify prospective residents.
- Obtain necessary information and documentation, review patient charts and plans of care, including medication lists, to ensure clinical appropriateness for community and to determine if the patient meets Medicare guidelines.
- Make decisions regarding pre-admission assessments, and interprets potential patient's medical condition, and past medical history while obtaining appropriate documentation.
- Complete on-site hospital, community, and home visits to gather information regarding potential admissions.
- Communicate with hospital staff to establish a coordinated plan of care for patients admitted or awaiting admission.
- Coordinate the completion of the admission process and ensure that appropriate resources are obtained for a successful transfer, and provide appropriate information to facilitate continuity of care.
- Collaborate with attending physician to effectively manage the hospitalized patient and ensure that transfers are expedited as soon as possible.
- Consult and collaborate with physicians, hospital staff, and other professionals to provide clinical expertise, as appropriate.
- Act as liaison between hospital, physicians, nursing homes, other medical providers, and Ascension Living facilities to resolve problems, provide information and maintain positive relationships.
- Identify potential payer sources, establish primary payers, document demographic/clinical/payer information, and determine coverage availability for third party non-government payers.
- Maintain current contact information on existing and new referral sources, and prospective residents and regularly review and follow-up same.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of all services and resources provided by Ascension Living community, and knowledge of resources that are available in the community.
- Participate in and assist with marketing activities and events as required.
- Provide on-going communication with target referral sources including appropriate personnel at referring facilities, as well as, referring physicians.
- Market and promote community in order to maintain acceptable census and community profitability.
- Develop and maintain referral sources, and educate others about the company, increasing visibility and reputation in the medical community, and identify market needs and trends.
- Make regular rounds (on-site and telephonic) of referral sources and maintain continuous communication with them, and actively market Ascension Living services.
- Collect data regarding inquiries/referrals, pre-admission evaluations/outcomes, and enrollment for regular monthly reports for the Administration.
- Participate in regular admissions meetings.
- Attend management meetings and required in-services.
- Contribute to the admission process and protocol development, problems-solving and productivity enhancement in collaboration with medical and nursing leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Consideration will be given to healthcare professionals with at least five years of relevant experience and bachelor degrees in a healthcare or business related field.
- Prior sales/marketing experience in senior care and/or post-acute care is preferred
- Managed care knowledge/experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Medical case management, long term care and geriatric nursing
- Strong medical assessment skills.
- Must possess strong collaborative, interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking, verbal and written communication skills, and a desire to create a high-performance, effective team that can produce consistent, demonstrated results.
- Must demonstrate on an ongoing basis the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with co-workers and community leadership.
- Competencies needed for this position include strong interpersonal relationship skills, detail oriented, work in collaboration with others, demonstrate a high degree of integrity and personal commitment, possess strong analytical skills, be able to work independently and manage multiple deliverables at the same time.
- Ability to function in a matrix environment and demonstrate a passion to succeed be self- motivated, dependable, committed, and a willingness to see a project through to its conclusion.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office is required.
Business Unit: PLC Senior Services
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability