Requisition ID: 51637
Location: Presence St Joseph Med Joliet
333 Madison Street, Joliet, IL 60435-8200 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Assistant Manager, Patient Care will oversee 2 fast paced, team orientated ICU units with a focus on Neurology and Cardiovascular Services.
- AACN Silver Beacon Award recognized for Critical Care Excellence
- Cardiac Universal Bed Model for Open Heart Surgery Patients
- Primary Stroke Center moving toward Comprehensive Stroke Center early 2019
The Assistant Manager, Patient Care supports the Patient Care Manager in overseeing the plan of care for patients and in ensuring the delivery of high quality patient focused care according to established policies and procedures. Collaborates with other hospital services, medical staff and administration to ensure that quality patient care is delivered and desired outcomes are measured and obtained.
Hours are flexible to support afternoon/evening shifts. 1100a-8p or 3p-11p or a combination of these hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, controls and coordinates the daily activities and the delivery of nursing care provided to patients on the patient care unit by assigning staff and beds, partnering with others on admissions, facilitating throughput, etc., in collaboration with the Patient Care Manager (PCM).
- Facilitates new or re-assigned employees and preceptors through the unit's orientation process and serves as a clinical resource to all department staff by providing information and guidance.
- Participates in the development and implementation of departmental policies, procedures, and goals by identifying issues and recommending improvements, revisions, etc., as appropriate. Assists in monitoring staff performance to ensure compliance with organizational/unit policies and standards of care. Documents and addresses any variances from standards.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates processes/systems that ensure cost effective, quality patient care is provided, in collaboration with PCM. Participates in the development of the unit's operating budget by identifying and making recommendations on areas for cost-savings.
- Participates in the quality improvement activities of the department by gathering data, identifying areas for improvement, and making recommendations. Assists PCM in implementing new/revised processes and educating staff on these changes.
- Assesses and measures department productivity and outcomes. Provides information and feedback to PCM on unit operations and staff performance and collaborates on resolving issues.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program required. Minimum two years of clinical experience in Patient Care or similar clinical setting required. Intensive Care Experience required. Open Heart and Neuro experience strongly recommended.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing required.
- Knowledge of Meditech, Kronos, word processing systems, and spreadsheet applications required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Registered Nurse with a current Illinois License required. CPR certification required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
Business Unit: Presence St Joseph MC Joliet
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability