Requisition ID: 57606
Location: PLC Villa Franciscan
210 North Springfield Avenue, Joliet, IL 60435 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Activity Assistant supports the Director of Activities and/or the Activities Coordinator to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Activity Department in accordance with current federal, state and local standards and as may be directed by the Executive Director to ensure that an on-going program of activities is delivered. Responds to the interests of the facility residents and enhances their physical, mental, social and psychological well-being and be presented in a manner which embodies the mission and core values of Presence Health.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports in the development and maintenance of the activity calendar; plans and implements the schedule for resident outings.
- Conducts activities that include residents at all levels of care. Attends outings as appropriate and monitor residents. Provides assistance to residents during activities as needed.
- Participates in the development and implementation of resident, family and community events including fund raising events and celebrations. Contributes in facility planning and program development relating the recreational needs of the residents.
- Incorporates resident feedback into the activity calendar; and passes on comments from residents and others to assist in quality improvement efforts.
- Provides feedback to Director of Activities and/or Activities Coordinator to assure equipment and supplies needed are available and in good working order.
- Assists in development of annual budget for the department.
- Participates in interdisciplinary teams to improve services, solve problems, resolve resident issues, etc.
- Evaluates current programs and initiates changes for improvements.
- Helps in organizing the resident council(s) and report their issues to the management team.
- Ensures department documentation is complete, accurate and timely.
- Aids with activities assessments for each new resident.
- Assists in developing and maintaining the facility library providing materials suitable for the vision impaired.
- Participates in discharge planning.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Six months to one year experience preferred.
- Prior experience in working with the elderly preferred.
- Ability to operate Audio Visual equipment and carts.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
Business Unit: PLC Senior Services
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability