Spv-Sterile Processing - Sterile Processing 001 - Full-Time,Day - Adventist Hinsdale Hospital - Hinsdale,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Supervises the daily activities of the central sterile staff.
- Oversees decontamination, assembly and sterilization of surgical instruments using hospital policies and Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) standards.
- Oversees and completes preparation of all case carts as required by following national inventory standards. May include restocking, pulling, managing inventory and verifying accuracy of individual case items.
- Determines, coordinates and supervises daily staffing assignments and staffing levels.
- Provides leadership, orientation, training, coaching, and mentoring to assigned staff. Conducts performance evaluations and disciplinary actions.
- Assures departmental performance follows policies and procedures and guidelines/standards from pertinent regulatory agencies.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Central Service Tech credentialed from the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA).
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- 1 year of experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.