Title: Technologist-Surgical OR Sr
City, State: Hinsdale,IL
Location: Adventist Hinsdale Hospital
Department: Surgery 001
Additional Job Details: Part-Time,Evening, 24 hours,Weekly
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by Adventist Midwest Health, part of the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL., and Alexian Brothers Health System, a subsidiary of St. Louis-based Ascension. Headquartered in Arlington Heights, IL, AMITA Health is the third largest health system in the state with more than 12,000 associates committed to delivering the most efficient, highest quality, faith-based care at nine acute and specialty care hospitals and at more than 80 ambulatory/clinic locations. AMITA Health has an extensive provider network of more than 3,000 hospital-affiliated physicians and the AMITA Health Medical Group consists of over 500 multi-specialty employed physicians and associate practitioners, ranking it among the largest regional medical groups. AMITA Health's mission is to extend the healing ministry of Jesus by respecting the faith traditions of the many individuals and families we have been called to serve across suburban Chicago.
What You Will Do
Facilitates the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures.
- Prepares surgical operating suite with sterile drapes and sterile solutions as well as appropriate sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
- Hands required/requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
- Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
- Maintains instruments in an organized manner and monitors/tracks instruments counts throughout procedures.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA).
- Completion of an approved Surgical Technology course required
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.