Requisition ID: 43214
Location: Presence Maryhaven Nrsng/Rehab
1700 East Lake, Glenview, IL 60025 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 4
Standard Hours: 0
Employment Status: PRN / Registry
Employment Type: Regular
Provides direct rehab care in occupational therapy to residents upon physician referral and under the supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist in accordance with all laws, regulations and standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in community health matters/projects as appropriate
- Liaison to patients, families, support departments, etc., to adequately plan for patient needs
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions using good reasoning skills and judgement when circumstances warrant such action
- Knowledgeable of rehab practices and procedures, as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing rehab functions in the long-term care facility
- Possess willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
Education and/or Experience
- Must be a graduate of an accredited program in occupational therapy assisting. Associates Degree Required.
- One year's experience in long-term care or related setting preferred
- Certified Clinical Instructor preferred
PC proficient (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must be currently registered/licensed in applicable state. Must maintain an active license in good standing throughout employment
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
Business Unit: PLC Senior Services
Department Name: Rehabilitation MNRC