Technician-Telemetry - Nursing Med Surg Units 001 - Part-Time,Day - AGH - Glendale Heights,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Performs various activities regarding telemetry monitoring on patients requiring continual cardiac monitoring.
- Maintains telemetry documentation of reported information.
- Maintains telemetry monitoring equipment and supply inventory.
- Makes note of irregular rhythms and monitors changes in heartbeat.
- Forwards changes to nurse and/or attending physician for analysis and interpretation.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- HS or Equivalent
- High school diploma or equivalent requiredMust have successfully completed a Basic Dysrhythmia Interpretation Course and/or passed an EKG competency exam
- Previous experience as a Telemetry Tech or Paramedic preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.