Full-time HR Generalist I
Northern Illinois Food Bank is a member food bank of Feeding America, the nation’s leading hunger relief charity. The food bank provides nutritious food to more than 75,000 hungry neighbors each week through 800+ network partners in the following 13 counties - Boone, DuPage, DeKalb, Grundy, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, Lake, McHenry, Ogle, Stephenson, Will and Winnebago. Northern Illinois Food Bank acquires, gathers, handles, and distributes approximately three million pounds of donated, government, and purchased food each month through local food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, youth activity centers and other food assistance sites.
At this time we have an exciting opportunity for a forward thinking HR Generalist, with training experience, to join the food bank team. This position will play a critical role in supporting our HR operations and initiatives.
The HR Generalist contributes to the success of the organization by providing a full range of professional-level and administrative HR support to the Vice President of Human Resources in support of effective HR operations and HR initiatives. Additionally, this individual will execute training and development for front line managers.
As a Generalist serving as an HR business partner, responsibilities are not limited to but will include:
- Lead front line management training and other key training activities within the facility (i.e. safety compliance, diversity, orientation programs, and leadership performances).
- HRIS: Oversee ADP reporting and administration of changes into ADP Workforce Now
- Coordinate and facilitate quarterly onboarding program and day one orientations
- Provide prompt and accurate guidance to employees regarding all benefit programs, FMLA, disability leave, etc.
- Responsible for guidance to employees to insure consistent adherence to HR policies, procedures, and practices.
- Advise management teams regarding prompt and accurate completion of all status changes and ensure proper documentation.
- Engage team members in seasonal employee events
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects (organization-wide performance reviews, merit planning, open enrollment, etc.) as assigned.
- Four year degree in business or related areas and 2 years of solid HR generalist experience, or 4 year’s generalist experience with experience training/instructional design, HRIS, benefits and leave administration
- Detail oriented and Strong organizational skills a must
- Experience working in a lean HR team, juggling multiple shifting priorities
- Proficient in in Microsoft Office and HR technologies (ADP payroll, HRIS systems)
- Requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people when completing work assignments. Bi-lingual candidate preferred.
- Experienced trainer and knowledgeable in the areas of instructional design
- Able to demonstrate good problem-solving skills and appropriately apply proven solutions.
- Consistently deliver prescribed outcomes in a timely and accurate manner with appropriate guidance.
- Apply existing processes and procedures to solve problems and may receive guidance for problems that are non-routine.