Requisition ID: 47543
Location: Presence St Francis Hosp
355 Ridge Avenue, Evanston, IL 60202 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 12
Standard Hours: 36
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Team Leader, Nursing is a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) who assists the Nurse Manager with the daily operations of the unit by providing employee supervision, quality improvement activities, and immediate follow-up to patient, physician and employee issues. The Team Leader practices within the scope of the Illinois Nurse Practice Act to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, high quality, individualized nursing care, based upon knowledge, experience and critical thinking skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
2. Serves as a clinical, educational and supervisory resource to the nursing staff.
3. Makes patient/staff assignments based on key factors such as acuity, staff competency and skill mix in order to ensure that quality of care is delivered to patients. Assists the Manager with ongoing monitoring of appropriate use of
staffing and assignments.
4. Manages the appropriate utilization of unit resources (i.e. supplies and labor), while consistently working towards initiatives that support Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) and incorporates fiscal responsibility.
5. Provides ongoing partnering with key physicians by making patient rounds with them at least monthly and is responsible to follow up with physician issues/concerns. Uses rounding as an opportunity to facilitate an environment of
culture excellent in order to maintain patient, family and physician satisfaction.
6. Monitors Quality Assessment and Quality Improvement on a monthly basis to ensure appropriate patient care on the unit.
7. Manages and resolves unit conflict and executes service recovery principles.
8. Collaborates with Manager to investigate, advise, and when appropriate, execute disciplinary action in accordance with Presence Health policies and procedures.
9. Makes ongoing assessment of staff performance and providing individual/team feedback. Monitors real time clinical competence of staff; identifies areas for improvement/opportunity; provides on-the-spot coaching.
10. Independently and/or in collaboration with the Nurse Manager, evaluates staff performance on an ongoing basis and prepares evaluations.
11. Ensures professional development of self through participation in seminars, certifications, professional affiliations and educational programs to keep abreast of latest trends in their area of expertise and encourages others i.e.
attendance /presenting grand rounds, journal clubs.
12. Independently and/or in collaboration with the Nurse educator/preceptor, collects, complies, and reviews staff development activities for each employee. Completes individual follow-up to ensure that the employee meets requirement in
the areas of age specific and unit based competencies.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program required. Minimum two years of clinical experience in Patient Care or similar clinical setting required.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, and Outlook; and EMR systems.
Experience of EPIC preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current Illinois RN license and Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. Certification in area of specialty if required.
Business Unit: Presence St Francis Hospital
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability