Requisition ID: 43332
Location: Presence St Francis Hosp
355 Ridge Avenue, Evanston, IL 60202 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Respiratory Care Practitioner provides Respiratory Care modalities to patients as ordered by physicians, including but not limited to the administration of respiratory related medications, oxygen and humidity therapies, airway clearance therapy, invasive and non-invasive ventilation, etc., in accordance to established policy and procedure and based on accepted national standards, practices and regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
9. Provides patient and/or family education related to specific respiratory modality.
10. Performs both essential and non-essential job functions in a safe and appropriate manner as established by Presence Heath and/or Departmental polices, procedures, diretive, quality assurance, saftey, environmental and infection
control standards. Integrates patient safety principles into all aspects of care. Monitors and evalutes patient care and processess in an effort to identify opportunties to improve safety and quality of patietnt care.
11. Acts as in-charge RT as assigned. Assesses and assigns workload appropriately to promote quality, safety, and customer service; assures coverage for upcoming shift. Facilitates or adjusts staffing based on departmental and
12. Provide assistance to department operations. Participate in orientation and education of new personnel and students regarding the Respiratory Therapy Department.
13. Participate in medical center committees and special projects according to departmental and personal needs.
14. Provide for continued professional development with the Respiratory Therapy field. Share knowledge from programs with members of staff.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Upon obtaining the NBRC credential (date printed on the certificate) the employee has (6) months (180 days) to obtain an Illinois State License as issued by the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation. Failure to obtain such license will result in termination of employment at the end of the "grace period."
The employee is responsible to maintain his/her State License in an active/current status while employed with Presence Health. Failure to do so will result in suspension without pay until obtained and/or termination.
Education and/or Experience
Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Care Program required.
Proficient in Microsoft Office software and electronic medical record experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
NBRC credentialed RRT or registry eligible with completion within 6 months (180 days). BLS, CPR, and IL state license required. ACLS, PALS, and NRP preferred.
Business Unit: Presence St Francis Hospital
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability