Requisition ID: 45628
Location: Presence St Francis Hosp
355 Ridge Avenue, Evanston, IL 60202 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 16
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Computerized Tomography (CT) Technologist operates the CT scanner to perform procedures of designated body parts according to physician specifications and/or orders. Assists physicians in carrying out examinations by mixing and preparing contrast media and assisting in sterile procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
2. Assists physicians in performance of examinations by administering contrast media, positioning patients, assisting in sterile and other procedures. Assists physicians with scrubbing. Documents administration of IV contrast material in Picture Archiving and
3. Performs equipment warm up, calibration and safety check as needed. Runs hospital computer system. Reports to Supervisor/Manager/Director any equipment malfunctions. Operates equipment in accordance with manufacturer guidelines for appropriate quality control.
Implements correctvie action plans if needed.
4. Interviews patient and/or family to obtain brief patient history to determine current health status, identify clinical indications for procedures, ensure patient safety, and identify possible complications. Completes required documentation for each patient. Prepares patient
according to established CT procedures. Transports patient between waiting, Emergency Department and CT dressing rooms, ensuring proper identification of patient. Assists patient with dressing and undressingif needed. Assists patient onto and off procedure table.
5. Verifies physician orders for instructions from requesting physician and consults with the radiologists as necessary. Consults with physician, nurses and/or other healthcare professionals needed to obtain the highest quality images/diagnostic information. Explains
procedure and provides education as appropriate. Communicates reactions, complications, changes in condition etc.to radiologist, physician, supervisor, peers, and nursing unit as necessary.
6. Appropriately and accurately transmits and archives data, images, and documentation.
7.Ensures files and records are properly completed with information such as patient's name, ID number, anatomical views taken, exam date, film/image markers, clinical history, complaints, allergies, etc
8. Reviews images and procedures to determine quality and performs repeat views/series as necessary.
9. Provides clinical direction in CT scanning methods, techniques and procedures to train additional staff members. Participates in orientation, training, annual competency testing, etc. of new personnel and students.
10. Acts as a steward for quality process improvement and resource management.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Knowledge of CT Radiographic principles and procedures as well as operation and maintenance of Radiographic equipment as normally acquired through completion of two years post high school training in an approved School of Radiologic Technology is required.
Two years of technical experience preferred.
Knowledge of Radiology Information Systems and Electronic Medical Record experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Licensed by the State of Illinois of Emergency Management Agency (IEMA). Licensed by the State of Illinois Department of Nuclear Safety (INDS) in Radiology .Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (AART).CPR Certification required.
Business Unit: Presence St Francis Hospital
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability