Requisition ID: 65366
Ministry: Presence St Francis Hospital
Location: Presence St Francis Hosp
355 Ridge Avenue, Evanston, IL 60202 United States (US)
Department: 20570230 SFH Infusion Care Evanston
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) functions within the multidisciplinary team as an advocate, interpreter, educator and counselor for patients. The CNL assumes accountability for patient-care outcomes through the assimilation and application of evidence-based information to design, implement, and evaluate patient-care processes and models of care delivery. The CNL is a provider and manager of care at the point of care to individuals and cohorts of patients anywhere healthcare is delivered. CNLs are healthcare systems specialists that oversee patient care coordination, assess health risks, develop quality improvement strategies, facilitate team communication, and implement evidence-based solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and implementation of evidence-based practices in coordination with Physicians
- Team leadership, management and collaboration with other health professional team members
- Advocate for patients, communities, and the health professional team
- Clinical Improvement: Proactively develops and enhances processes with the goal of improving the clinical experience for referred patients and the referring Physician.
- As Liaison, communicates with the referring Physician's offices as appropriate to the patient and Physician needs.
- Works with marketing and outreach departments to educate community referring Physicians and facilities on available services.
- Maintain day to day operations and supervision of the Center for Cancer and Specialty Care
- Communicate with associates about system-wide information and/or changes relayed through various committees/ meetings (Leadership/Safety/Patient Satisfaction).
- Promote the Center for Cancer and Specialty Care within the community through health fairs, outreach programs, physician office visits and external communication.
- Support Clinical Associates to attain professional growth and learn new skills in collaboration with Leadership team.
- Assists the Nurse Navigator with completing Survivorship Care Plans per CoC guidelines
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Master's Prepared Professional Nurse, preferred
Certification as Clinical Nurse Leader (preferred will be required within three years of employment)
Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel
EMR: Epic preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Registered Nurse with current Illinois License
BLS, ACLS, CNL Certification (preferred will be required within three years of employment)
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Business Unit: Presence St Francis Hospital
Job Function: Nursing
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability