Requisition ID: 44762
Location: Presence St Francis Hosp
355 Ridge Avenue, Evanston, IL 60202 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Chief Nursing Officer Vice President of Operations provides clinical and operational leadership for a Presence System acute care ministry. The position proactively works to ensure the quality of the patient experience and associate experience by continuous process improvement objectives and measures. The position advocates for nursing practice and the patient experience, helps to develop systems that are patient and family-centered, and promotes the linkage of key services and functions across the hospital. The Chief Nursing Officer Vice President of Operations reports directly to the President of the acute care ministry. This individual will serve on the Senior Leadership Team representing an integral part of the team and participating in the leadership decision-making process for the organization. The Chief Nursing Officer Vice President of Operations will create a culture which values quality above all, and an environment of healing.
Coordinates and oversees the daily patient care activities of the Ministry; focus on maximizing efficiency and integrating opportunities. Manage the Ministry's patient flow, as well as clinical care delivery throughout
- Manages operating budget for area of responsibility, patient experience and associate engagement.
- Works to achieve the Ministry's quality and financial goals and metrics, and give input on new and existing lines of business/services.
- Creates the environment and infrastructure for the entire care team to practice safe, high quality and individualized care.
- Rounds on patient care areas regularly to promote effective communications with all constituencies throughout the organization, being available to physicians and staff at all levels.
- Implements a system to provide continuing education, skill training, and staff development to divisional staff and provide for clinical education of professional students.
- Ensures regulatory compliance and licensure with all operational regulatory bodies and implementation of and staff compliance with system-wide and Presence Health specific policies, procedures, and standards.
- Stays current with new clinical developments, programs and trends, and determine their relevance to Presence Health and patient care services.
- Direct staff in a fair and consistent manner and assume responsibility for ensuring continued professional growth and development, working with each direct report to develop career and personal objectives and to monitor progress.
- Provides direct leadership, guidance, and supervision, while encouraging the development of managerial skills for department heads and managers within the Ministry.
- Communicates and interprets the philosophy and objectives of patient care services to management, medical staff, and other appropriate departments, as well as the community, when necessary.
- Represents the Ministry to the community it serves; develop and maintain positive hospital and community relations.
- Proactively collaborates with other key stakeholders throughout the Ministry and Presence Health System to assure that the needs of the System are met.
- Collaborates with Presence Health System leadership to identify impacts of System programs and policies on Presence Health.
- Collaborate regularly with Chief Medical Officers and Chief Nursing Officers across the System on patient care standards and quality.
- Collaborate with case management, risk management and performance improvement to ensure the highest quality of care and patient safety.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Directly supervises employee(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to build successful relationships with key leaders and internal colleagues. Proven ability to partner with other executives across the system
- Demonstrated experience in raising and maintaining high levels of patient satisfaction scores
- Proven change leadership skills, with the passion to engage, energize, and motivate large disparate groups of people to introduce, implement, and sustain the high-impact actions necessary for aggressive operational and financial performance improvement
- Excellent team leadership skills, with ability to create a sense of shared ownership and urgency within the organization, building and enhancing the development of an accountable, results-driven culture
- Self-motivated, flexible, with strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Strategic thinking and strong execution skills.
- Excellent independent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Excellent oral, written, and relational communication skills; organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated results orientation with an ability to lead redesign of practices and processes to deliver results
- Ability to manage multiple projects, and work cross-functionally in a matrix organization and with alliance partner(s) to ensure that all business needs are met
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing with a Master's Degree in Nursing, Business Administration or Health Care Administration or related field.
- Ten years of progressive healthcare leadership experience including significant clinical experience in both operational and administrative capacities
- Knowledge of clinical systems, decision support and quality monitoring systems, Microsoft Excel and Word
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current RN Licensure by the Illinois Department of Professional regulations
Business Unit: Presence St Francis Hospital
Department Name: Administration SFH