Sr Rep-Patient Access - OP Rehab Svcs ABMC - PRN,Day - AMITA Rehab Hosp - Elk Grove Village,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Communicates with patients, participants and staff to accurately schedule patients for prescribed procedures. Performs clerical and reception duties associated with patient registration. Provides support and serves as a resource for other.
- Gathers necessary demographic, insurance and clinical information from patient and enters into appropriate database. Seeks appropriate resources to resolve issues about the type, date or location of prescribed procedures.
- Schedules patient procedures in a manner that most efficiently utilizes the patient's time and clinical resources. Coordinates and communicates schedules.
- Assists with coordination of activities related to insurance pre-certification/authorization.
- Provides counseling to patient, participant or their representative regarding pre-service requirements and instructions.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma or GED required
- One year of previous office experience preferred
- Associate responsibilities include maintaining welcoming environment at patient entry point. Candidates must be able to stay attend to waiting area but stay focused on office tasks at hand. Associate will check in evaluations, schedule patients, maintain therapy logs, assist with insurance verification, direct patients, answer phones, and assist with other office related tasks.
Candidates must possess solid computer skills, including MS Outlook, Word and Excel and ability to learn patient scheduling system in Hospital-wide electronic medical record. Additional desired candidate characteristics include attention to detail, exceptional customer service, ability multitask and strong team work.
- Department hours: Vary at different locations.
Position Hours: PRN as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.