Position: Physical Therapist
Shift: Part-Time (24 hrs/week)
Department: Outpatient Rehabilitation Services
Location: AMITA Health: Alexian Brothers Rehabilitaiton Hospital
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Evaluates and conducts medically prescribed physical therapy treatment programs.
- Performs initial and on-going assessments of patient's condition.
- Establishes, revises and evaluates a plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involves the patient/family.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard physical therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the condition of the patient.
- Oversees activities of physical therapy assistants, students and other support personnel.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Physical Therapist licensed in the State of Illinois by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's degree required DPT preferred
- New grads welcome to apply.
- Ability to evaluate and treat both musculoskeletal and neurologically involved patient populations.
- Interest in working in a fast-paced environment. Be fully computer proficient and a solid team player.
- Candidates having or willingness to pursue a specialization in vestibular, lymphedema, Scroth AND/OR pelvic floor a plus.
- Past experience in MDT (McKenzie) is desirable.
- Mon, Tue & Thu OR Tue, Wed & Fri
- Two evenings until close (8PM)
- Saturday rotation required (One- 4 hour shift every four weeks)
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.