Asst-Imaging Svcs - Imaging Admin 001 - PRN,Rotating - AMITA Health ABMC - Elk Grove Village,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Assists technologists and takes radiologic film providing quality images to physicians to aid in the diagnosis of medical problems and provides support for the imaging department.
- Explains procedures to patient to ensure understanding. Provides appropriate educational material.
- Transports patients to and from clinical areas and verifies patient identity according to policies and procedures. Assists technologists with preparing patient for radiology exam by positioning the patient for the procedure.
- Assists technologists with filing, delivering and retrieving patient reports and charts, matching films to folders, and delivery of reports to patients and physicians.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevents patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Performs post procedural duties including patient discharge, room clean up and restocking supplies. Assists with inventory control.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- High school diploma or GED required
- High School Graduate.
- Customer service experience. Computer skills and ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Occasional weekday availability for 7am - 5:30 pm, Saturday, 9am - 12 noon, various weekday, evening and weekend hours based on department need.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.