Coord-Physician Offc-Billing - Diagnostic Radiology Amb 004 - Full-Time,Day - AMITA Health SAMC-Hoffman Estates,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Organizes and coordinates the activities and flow of work for billing and collections functions.
- Oversees patient access activities including pre-registration, insurance verification, patient registration, patient check out, upfront collections, billing and medical records and provides general administrative assistance to the provider.
- Assists patients with meeting their financial obligations by providing education regarding co-pays, coinsurance, deductibles, and related matters. Functions as liaison between the business office and practice staff.
- Evaluates documentation to ensure that appropriate, accurate, and complete information is maintained and appropriate authorizations are obtained.
- Remains current on specific changes and requirements related to various insurance carriers.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma or GED required
- Experience in medical office setting preferred.
- Previous experience with CERNER strongly preffered.
- Role is based at our office In Hoffman Estates - 1555 Barrington Rd - 60169 but may float to office in Elk Grove Village
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.