City, State: Elk Grove Village,IL
Location: Cancer Center Institute
Department: Radiation Oncology Anc 003
Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Day, 40 hours,Weekly
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
With the addition of Presence Health, AMITA Health is now the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The newly combined health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and now serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
Develops and administers radiation therapy treatment plans under the direction of medical physicist and radiation oncologist.
- Designs a treatment plan to deliver a prescribed radiation dose and field to a defined tumor volume.
- Assists with or performs the application of specific methods of dosimetry, including intracavitary and interstitial brachytherapy procedures.
- Assists with or performs the fabrication of beam modifying devices and immobilization devices.
- Provides technical support for radiation protection procedures and qualitative machine calibrations of the radiation oncology equipment.
- Required Credential(s):
- Medical Dosimetrist credentialed from the Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Board eligible for certification within three years of hire date.
- Master's Level Degree
- Master's degree in medical dosimetry from an AAMD program preferred or equivalent to satisfy MDCB certification
- One or more years of experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.