Requisition ID: 52204
Location: Presence St Joseph Med Joliet
The Cook must be able to perform a variety of functions and tasks pertinent to the production, service, and distribution of foods to patients, employees, and catered services at the specified times. Maintains high quality standards in all aspects of production and service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares from standardized recipes large-scale food production for patients, cafeteria, guests and catering clients according to established forecasts within specified timeframes. Ensures that food service is provided correctly to patients and employees making use of patient menus, recipes, dietary restrictions, garnishing instructions and portion charts.
- Prepares, serves and stores food in a safe and sanitary manner ensuring all safety and sanitation procedures are followed in accordance with Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP) principles.
- Utilizes all products in a cost effective manner preparing only to the forecasted level. Monitors food production and makes adjustments throughout the shift to ensure minimal product waste.
- Demonstrates an ability to work effectively with peers, supervisors and managers as a member of the team and establishes collaborative and supportive relationships. Cross trains in various cook positions and assists in the proper training and orientation of new staff.
- Follows established policies and procedures for all aspects of the job being performed. Follows the assigned cleaning procedures and cleaning schedules.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent required
1-3 years of experience preferred
Culinary arts training preferred
General office computer skills required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Illinois Department of Public Health Food Services Sanitation Certification required, City of Chicago certification required for all facilities located in Chicago. Sanitation certifications must be secured within 6 months of hire.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Medical, Public Health, Healthcare