Chief Medical Officer - Executive Support 008 - Full-Time,Day - AMITA Health ABMC - Elk Grove Village,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Provides the overall clinical vision for the organization and oversees clinical activities and quality across the organization.
Drive the clinical strategy and goals of AMITA Health by leading local clinical and quality initiatives that sustain the provision of clinical performance and practice standards, under the direction of the CEO and with guidance from System Chief Quality and Clinical Officer. Focus on integrating and aligning clinical resources and services to deliver needed care to patients and families. Provide vision, direction, and supervision to medical staff. Promotes and fosters a multidisciplinary approach to patient care, and the coordination of care among disciplines. Acts as the peer consultant to the medical staff in the areas of care coordination, clinical resource utilization and documentation.
- Leads and implements the clinical direction for the organization.
- Oversees the monitoring, measurement and quality improvement of clinical care.
- Collaborates, develops, and leads the implementation of operational plans.
- Develops and implements strategic goals related to the quality improvement and management programs.
- Develop provider strategies, objectives, and tactics to achieve local and System objectives for clinical outcomes.
- Promote and foster a multidisciplinary approach to patient care, and the coordination of care among disciplines.
- Develop and coordinate systems/processes for controlling costs related to clinical resource utilization.
- Ensure that medical staff clinical practices comply with all local, state, federal and other regulatory requirements as well as nationally recognized standards of care.
- Collaborate with leaders to deliver results around patient outcomes, clinical risks and quality, case management, utilization management, physician satisfaction, and patient satisfaction.
- Provides support to the Clinical Documentation Team, Care Coordination Team, and the medical staff for resolution of challenging cases, including intervening with physicians when necessary.
- Promotes culture of high reliability, quality and patient safety.
- Direct patient care activity not required and should not exceed 10%.
Quality and Patient Experience
- Articulate a vision for medical staff by supporting programs that improve quality and patient experience.
- Drive clinical integration strategy and patient outcomes by assuring clinical alignment with System initiatives such as accountable/value-based care and other clinical integration processes to maximize clinical outcomes.
- Support quality and performance improvement metrics maximizing reimbursement and incentives provided by various governmental, employer, and private insurers.
- Collaborate with the Chief Nursing Officer and quality leadership team to support clinical guidelines and outcomes measures, risk and quality management, utilization review and management activities and peer review to assure that established procedures are followed, improvements are made when needed, and that clinical committees follow through with their responsibilities to improve patient care services.
- Ensure delivery of evidence-based medical care by guiding and advising clinical quality improvement initiatives.
- Oversee verification and credentialing process for medical staff.
- Identify, develop, and mentor physician leadership.
- Collaborates with Chief Medical Informatics Officer to evaluate providers' use and competency of System EHR and assure adequate and effective training of providers.
- Serve as a representative of physicians to System leadership. Assess the efficiency/ effectiveness of System processes/ policies as they relate to physicians.
- Support physician recruitment and development efforts with medical group.
- In collaboration with the CEO and CFO, the CMO is responsible for designing and deploying physician alignment strategies.
- Participate in hospital operating and capital budget preparation.
- Supports physician well-being initiatives.
- Collaborates with Physician Advisor Services to develop and implement system policy and procedures related to standardize medical staff approach to resource utilization.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Credentials are verified by local staff credentialing office
- Successfully completed a residency training program and have active board certification.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Preferred: Master's degree in business or healthcare related field.
- 10 years of clinical experience beyond residency training required. 15 years of experience preferred. 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.