Behavioral Health Associate - ABBH Residential Anxiety - Part-Time, Day - Foglia Family Foundation RTC - Elk Grove Village,IL
Shift: 20 hours/week; days shift w/every other weekend(Saturday & Sunday)
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
AMITA Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health is the largest behavioral health provider in IL with over 600 inpatient behavioral health beds, 25 different sites of care serving upwards of 2,000 people every day. Our Substance Abuse and Anxiety/OCD Residential Treatment Center boasts 45 beds dedicated to treating adults with ongoing substance abuse and anxiety/OCD challenges. This facility is located on the campus of AMITA Alexian Brothers Medical Center.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Provides direct behavioral health patient care.
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living.
- Provides or assists with providing direct patient care, diagnostic procedures and therapeutic interventions.
- Observes and records patient behavior and activities. Reports any changes in condition and suggests modifications to the treatment plan.
- Establishes a therapeutic relationship with assigned patients.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certification specializing in Crisis Prevention credentialed from the Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI).
- Nurse Aide credentialed from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- Bachelors degree or higher in Psychology or related field highly desired.
- Experience in behavioral health preferred.
- Inpatient or residential experience is a plus.
- Excellent candidates will have behavioral health experience with a focus on chemical dependency or anxiety treatment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.