Looking for an internship this summer? Soon, you'll be looking for a career that challenges you and allows you to put what you've learned into action. U.S. Cellular can serve as an exceptional place for learning, doing impactful work and launching your career. And our internship program provides comprehensive platforms to gain real-life experience, better preparing you for your career in Infrastructure Automation and Converged Infrastructure.
Location Note: This internship is located at our Schaumburg, IL location!
Instruction and Responsibility Highlights
You will be gaining instruction and working with two teams within our Infrastructure Systems group - Infrastructure Automation and Converged Infrastructure, with the opportunity to learn from and work with professionals who work with the following technologies on a daily basis:
- Operating Systems: RedHat Linux, AIX, or Microsoft Windows
- Virtualization Software: VMware ESX and KVM
- Storage Systems: Enterprise class storage arrays and enterprise storage network technologies (SAN)
- Server Systems: Converged Infrastructure - Cisco UCS server platform
- Automation and Scripting Languages: vRealize, Ansible, Python, Perl, KSH, Bash, and Visual Basic
- Software Development Platforms: Docker, Kubernetes, Hadoop, and Openstack
- CI Tools: Jira, GetHub, Jenkins, and Puppet
Within these technologies, you will receive instruction from professionals in order to perform the following:
- Build code based on design and requirements, test, implement and support software driven solutions.
- Utilize Agile and DevSecOps development techniques to drive Security, DevSecOps, Platform, Virtualization, and Storage system development to enable automation.
- Build standardized modules and micro-services for key infrastructure functions.
THE PRECEDING JOB DESCRIPTION INDICATES THE GENERAL NATURE AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF WORK PERFORMED. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE INVENTORY OF ALL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS JOB.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Working toward a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience with standard MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Familiarity with RedHat Linux, AIX or Microsoft Windows
- Understanding of Virtualization software and Storage systems and the role they play in the Enterprise
- Experience with automation or scripting languages such as: vRealize, Ansible, Python, Perl, KSH, Bash, or Visual Basic
- Strong analytical skills coupled with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to participate and work well in cross-functional teams
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Previous internships or knowledge in telecom/wireless industry, software development, and relevant computer networks/protocols is highly preferred
- Preference will be given to students with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
Job : Information Technology
Location(s) : Illinois-SCHAUMBURG_IL
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.