Requisition ID: 56878
Location: Presence St Joseph Elgin
77 North Airlite Street, Elgin, IL 60123-4912 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
To provide home, nursing home and in-patient unit visits for hospice patients and patients referred to the Palliative Consultation Service. Assists in providing a plan of care for the patient/family/caregiver as prescribed by the physician and in compliance with regulations as established by the State Board of Registered Nursing and the policies of Rainbow Hospice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct patient care and evaluates patient outcomes by performing physical examinations, interpreting health data, and establishing medical diagnosis.
- Interprets health data by identifying variation from normal and diagnosing common health problems related to patient's disease and establishes a medical diagnosis.
- Obtains orders, performs and interprets routine laboratory tests, initiates, prescribes, adjusts and refills medications in accordance with protocol and to the extent delegated and licensed.
- Works in close collaboration with the Rainbow Hospice Medical Director, Team Physicians and the community physician through established palliative symptom management protocols.
- Provides training and continuing education for staff, medical residents and students by participating in the staff orientation and competency assessment program and serving as a faculty member of the Rainbow LIFE Institute.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Maintains auto insurance and valid driver's license in accordance with agency standards.
Education and/or Experience
Masters in Nursing required. CNP certification as Family, Geriatric or Adult Nurse Practitioner required. Minimum of 2 years of RN or APN home care experience preferred. Previous experience in professional education preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Currently licensed as an Advanced Practice Nurse in the State of Illinois. Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Illinois. Illinois Controlled Substance license required. Certification in Hospice and Palliative Nursing preferred. Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
Business Unit: PLC Senior Services
Department Name: PPC PSJHE