Requisition ID: 61840
Location: Presence St Joseph Elgin
77 North Airlite Street, Elgin, IL 60123-4912 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Echocardiography Technician/Cardiac Sonographer performs M-mode, 2-D, Doppler, and Color Flow Echocardiograms, Transesophageal Echocardiograms and Stress Echocardiograms and both adult and pediatric patient populations in both the inpatient and outpatient setting. Performs other duties as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for proficiently performing all M-Mode, 2-D, Doppler, Color Flow, Transesophageal studies and Stress echocardiography on both inpatients and outpatients.
- Will provide diagnostic testing to pediatric patients, infants, and neonates in accordance with training.
- Explains the procedure, purpose, and the patients role in obtaining reliable results.
- Communicates with Cardiologist regarding findings of studies and notifies them of significant findings as needed.
- Preps patient for Stress Tests when needed.
- Orients new personnel as needed.
- Reviews and performs monthly Quality Assurance studies. Identifies opportunities for improvement and takes action accordingly.
- Keeps all equipment clean, properly stored and in proper working order.
- Keeps echo schedule log book up to date.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate Degree preferred. Certification from appropriate Cardiac Technology or Echocardiography program required. Licensure as a Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (CCT or RCS) preferred. Experience in stress echo, TEE, and pediatrics preferred.
Basic knowledge of computers and department systems
Business Unit: Presence St Joseph Hosp Elgin
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability