Requisition ID: 65976
Ministry: Presence Medical Group N/T
Location: Presence St Joseph Elgin
77 North Airlite Street, Elgin, IL 60123-4912 United States (US)
Department: 80010640 Burks Bromet
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 0
Employment Status: PRN / Registry
Employment Type: Regular
Clinic Nurse, Amita Health Medical Group, Cardiology Practice (Elgin and Algonquin)
Clinic Nurse assesses, plans, implements and evaluates nursing care provided to patients in a clinic setting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs patient care activities under the direction of the clinic physician.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment. Takes medical histories and vital signs. Assists physician in treating, procedures and patient care as needed.
- Administers medications as ordered by physician. Takes appropriate action in cases of adverse reaction side effects or ineffectiveness.
- Reports and receives all significant patient care related information to/from the clinic physician and other patient care providers.
- Facilitates required lab work and prepares specimens for processing by the Lab. Communicates results to physician. Documents patient assessments, care interventions and outcomes in the medical record in a timely fashion.
- Provides patient and/or family education in accordance with established guidelines and assessed.
- Screens patient phone calls, directing them to physician as needed. Initiates appropriate follow-up.
Education and/or Experience:
Graduate of an accredited nursing program required.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing is highly preferred.
Cardiology experience is highly preferred.
Critical Care experience is highly preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Registered Nurse with a current Illinois License required. BLS certification preferred.
Business Unit: Presence Medical Group N/T
Department Name: Burks Bromet
Job Function: Nursing